BAYAC AmeriCorps is a collaborative of over 50 schools and community-based organizations that serve youth and their families in all 6 Bay Area counties.
BAYAC AmeriCorps offers AmeriCorps members the opportunity to participate in an 11-month, full time program devoted to serving Bay Area Youth.
StarVista Americorps Worker Job Description
Job Title: Youth Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Program: StarVista Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Center
Schedule: 38 hours a week (8 hours on Friday for BAYAC)
The Youth Outreach Coordinator will be primarily responsible for scheduling and presenting the Suicide Prevention Educationals as well as updating the statistics of all the classes they present to. They will also be responsible for helping run the www.onyourmind.net chat room, maintaining community among the youth volunteers through organizing monthly meetings and trainings, and taking crisis line shifts when needed.
This is a job that requires excellent people skills and an ability to multitask, as being a member of the crisis center team often requires filling in or helping with many tasks.
Flexibility & a passion for working with youth is also necessary.
• Suicide Prevention Educationals
• Schedule Suicide Prevention Presentations in schools or community centers throughout San Mateo County
• Present the educationals to San Mateo County schools
• Collect and tabulate statistics on students for grant purposes
• Attend and table at school functions (eg. health fairs, teen expos)
• Supervise night shifts with youth volunteers (probably only two nights a week)
• Update youth on current events at the Crisis Center
• Market and recruit new youth volunteers
• Assist in training or train new volunteers and arrange on-going trainings
• Participate in clinical oversight of the chat room
• Create and edit website content
• Consistently update website links on internet
• Market through PSA’a (Public Service Announcements)
• Crisis Lines
• Go through crisis line training
• Fill in empty shifts as needed
For more information on this AmeriCorps position please contact Andrew McKleroy
East Bay South Regional Supervisor.
3219 Pierce St.
Richmond, CA 94804
office: (510) 559 3054